- 3 AX athletes were crowned District Champions. Phillip Tejan-Kamara won the 9 year old 200m dash (29.32), Jaden Dorsey won the 80m hurdles (14.40), and Maya Bordrick won the 15-16 3000m (11:38).
- 2018 New Balance Nationals is one of the most recognized national high school meets in the country. Brichon Shepard, Patrick LaPorte, Zach Coffing, and Demario Morgan won their heat in close fashion, finishing with a season’s best time of 3:19.41 and breaking the school record they recently set at the Delaware Meet of Champions. Their outstanding performance placed them 5th overall, crowning all four as high school All-Americans.
- Regions 2 National Qualifier for the Junior Olympics: The 15-16 year old 4×100 relay team of Jaquai Bishop, Elijah Edmonds, Nazaire Miller, and Alex Varona relied on clean baton exchanges that carried them to a 1st place victory with a time of 44.41. The 17-18 year old relay team of Demario Morgan, Bryan Delledonne, Cooper Knox, and Patrick LaPorte dominated the field with a victorious anchor leg that helped pull away from the field and place 1st with a time of 8:34.51
- Delaware Elite International meet: AX had 14 Gold Medalists, 9 Silver Medalists, and 12 Bronze Medalists.
Full Quarterly Report
- The Boys’ Outdoor Track Team (ages 17-18) placed 1st in the nation.
- The Girls’ Cross Country Team (High School age group) placed 1st in the nation.
- 24 team members (9 girls, 15 boys) ranked as national champions.
- 6 team members hold national records for their specific events.
- 32 placed as ‘All-Americans’ (meaning they placed in the top 8 at a national track meet).
- 5 team members were ranked as national champions
- 10 team members ranked as Mid-Atlantic District Champions
- 6 team members won their respective events and were ranked as ‘All-American’
- 3 were ranked as state champions in their events.
- 31 placed as ‘All-Americans’ (meaning they placed in the top 8 at a national track meet).
- The team placed 4th out of 496 other teams from across the U.S. and the Bahamas, Jamaica, Ontario and Puerto Rico.